[ REQ 6161]: Success!

Stuart,

        Your comments helped immensely!  I have successfully animated a
spinning disk rotating in 3-d space much like you can spin a quarter on a
table.

        Andreas Butz mentioned that you might have a dxf2oogl file format
converter?  Is this right?  If it exists, is it available?  I am very
interested!!  Actually, for right now, I am using files found in the
./data/geom demo files that comes with the Geomview distribution.

        Anyhow, you helped me quite a bit.  It still took some time to
figure it all out, but it is finished.  The next step is to figure out how
to make an mpeg  (or some other populat movie format) of the animation so
other people can check it out on the web.

        If you'd like to take a look at it, the files and a short readme.txt
can be found at:

        http://www.nerdlab.me.utexas.edu:80/~compere/animation/

        Thanks for your help!!  This is something I have been wanting to
know how to do for a long time.  I suspect this tool will prove to be very
useful in my simulations in the future.

Marc
Marc Compere, The University of Texas at Austin
e-mail: compere at mail.utexas.edu
www   : http://nerdlab.me.utexas.edu/~compere
office: ETC 4.134a, ((555) 555-5555