[ REQ 6205]: Questions on Geomview

Hello,

I'm using X-Geomview 1.5 under Linux for a few weeks. I'm enjoying most
of its features, but a few things remain unclear even with the included
documentation. So I'd appreciate if you'd answer my questions or point me
to a source of information; if I should rather use a newer version,
please tell where to get it.

1. The documentation included in the Geomview archive seems to mismatch
   the program partly; e.g. the images of user interaction panels in
   "geomview.ps" differ from the actual panels, and the manual
   introduces an "obscure" panel which obviously doesn't exist since
   the panel's contents is included in some other places. May it be
   that the manual describes an older version of the program?

2. How to switch inertia off from within the ".geomview" file?

3. My ".geomview" file includes the commands:

     (ui-panel geomview on {})
     (ui-panel appearance on {})

   The empty position clauses should enable manual positioning of the
   panel windows.  This works with the "appearance" panel, but doesn't
   work with the "geomview" panel!  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Rainer Dunker