Re: [Update REQ 6209]: Geomview v1.6.1 on SGI IRIX v6.3 R10000

> From:	MX%"software@geom.umn.edu"  8-JUN-1997 15:20:16.63
> Subj:	Re: [Update REQ 6209]: Geomview v1.6.1 on SGI IRIX v6.3 R10000

> The "irix4" CPU setting applies to Irix 4.x; in Irix 6, there have been
> enough changes that it no longer works.  Try "sgi" instead.
> That will select the settings from makefiles/mk.sgi, which was set up for
> Irix 5, and should also work on Irix 6.

the problem I got with "bison" after switching to CPU=sgi seems to be due
to the SGI FreeWare CD's installation.  They install the file
"bison.simple" in /usr/freeware/lib/bison.simple but the program itself
assumes it is in /usr/freeware/share/bison.simple.  I slipped in a soft
link and it (bison and therefore the Geomview build) is chunking along
nicely now...

Note, I am using the software off the SGI Freeware v2.0 that comes with
the SGI O2 boxes (and the other SGIs too), so unless other users build
from scratch, I suspect they too will run into this problem... (not to
mention others I would imagine. :)

Thanks for your assistance and maybe this will be the last problem I have
and I can hand Geomview to my user on Monday.

Regards,
rick
Richard L. Dyson                          dyson at iowasp.physics.uiowa.edu
 _   _      _____                http://www-pi.physics.uiowa.edu/~dyson/