[ REQ 6232]: Geomview

Hello,

I'm new to using Geomview and am having some difficulties. I've posted
this to the users-list with no response as yet - anyway, I think the
manual isn't clear on the point I'm stuck with.

I'm trying to colour the faces of a geom in response to a pick event. The
command (replace-geometry ...) looked most likely to achieve what I wanted
(I can handle the event and so on) but I can't figure it out. What is
PART-SPECIFICATION? It's not explained anywhere, unless I'm just being
stupid. I'm proficient with C and lisp, so I've no problem following the
language per se.

To give you some background, I have a large model (several thousand faces)
which I'm trying to select a region from, so the routine needs to be
quick. I then need to write the selected faces to a file.

Overall though, well done on the package - just as I was contemplating the
awful task of hacking a 3d viewer together, I found Geomview, which does
everything (touch wood!) I need. I just hope you can help me out as it's
driving me mad ... ;)

Thanks in advance,
Robin.

--
Robin Wardle <r.wardle at sheffield.ac.uk>
Dynamics Research Group, Department of Mechanical Engineering,