[ REQ 6639]: Comments on your Software

Message from washbour at flash.net (John Washbourne) follows:
Howdy,

Love the geomview software.  Ive been using it for years
on Linux and Solaris on Intel.  I have been using the
X11 software renderer and just recently compiled with
the Mesa OpenGL libs (version 2.6 Mesa, 1.6.1 geomview).

The compile went fine (except for a hiccup compiling
the emodule_wish module looking for libs like:
`ls installed .a`.  Since the directory 'installed' was
empty the make died).

Anyway, when I try to run the newly installed exec
I get "no OpenGL RGB Visual".  Do I need to somehow
modify the list of X extensions?  BTW, the Mesa demos
all run fine, rotation, texture mapping, etc.

Can you give me any hints for a quick fix?  Some more
specs:  I am running solaris 2.6 with a 24-bit
truecolor display.

I am a huge fan of your project, thanks for eveything
you have all done so far!

john washbourne

Chief Research Geophysicist
TomoSeis, Inc.