[ REQ 6854]: Geomview - Praise

Dear Geomview Developpers,

I want to thank for this great tool!! In the last days I learned to appreciate
its capabilities and its speed. It helped me visualize complicated three
dimensional structures I created with my programme. Using a named  pipe I can
directly feed all the information needed into geomview. It working with the
binaries for SGI and Sun Ultras, both are of version 1.6.1.

At one point I run into a small problem: when my programme starts sending
information into the pipe, I need to give geomview an X event (focus the
window or moving mouse pointer is sufficient) in order to trigger geomview to
read from the pipe. Finally my programme stop when geomview does not read from
the pipe, but it continues after geomview starts reading again. Can I make
geomview check the pipe regularly, even if the user is not continuously
sending events to geomview.

The feature 'inertia motion' really shows the capabilities of geomview, but I
would prefer it, if it was switched off by default. Is there a gcl command,
that I have not found in the manual?

Thank you for your work.

Best regards

Jens