[ REQ 6872]: Visualisation of N-Body Data using Geomview

Hi:
I'm a Summer Student at the National Radio Astronomy Observatory in
Charlottesville, VA, and along with my supervisor, Dr. John Hibbard, I'm
working on N-Body simulations of NGC 4038/9, otherwise known as the
"Antennae" galaxies, a pair of galaxies in the process of merging. I
thought you'd like to know that we've been utilising geomview for the
purpose of visualisation of the resulting datasets. Examples of the work
that we've been doing can be found at:
	http://www.dunsink.dias.ie/users/cpower/project.html
At present, we've concentrated on using geomview at a very basic level,
i.e. purely for visualisation, but we hope to develop more advanced
features, such as giving the user control over the exact viewing angle,
obtaining a best fit between observation and simulation, etc.. We'd be
very interested to learn of your thoughts on this project, and perhaps
you'd even wish to donate some of your expertise to what we're trying to
do here.
Hope to hear from you soon,
Cheers:
Chris Power