[Closed REQ 6893]: Downloading question

> What do I open this up with??? The Open With screen comes on, and asks
> which file do I want to open 'manual.tar.gz'

Do you really want to download the PostScript or just read the manual
in your web browser? If you just want the latter, then click on the
online HTML manual link that's second on the list in that page. This
is the direct URL:
 http://www.geom.umn.edu/software/geomview/geomview_toc.html

The manual.tar.gz file is a tarred, gzipped file - that is, it's
compressed and contains many subcomponents. I don't know if you're a
Windows user, but it's essentially the Unix version of Winzip. If you
have a Unix machine you'd type

% gunzip < manual.tar.gz | tar xvf -

But while there are Windows versions of these, I bet you probably
just want to read the manual.

TM

 ---
Tamara Munzner	munzner at cs.stanford.edu