[ REQ 6909]: [Q] Geomview in B&W ?

Hi,

I am using GeomView for all my visualization purposes and I really enjoy
it, since it is capable of all I need from a visualization system.

I am working on a PC with Linux Redhat 6.1, so I use the Linux version of
GeomView with the the Mesa lib.
But using Mesa instead of OpenGL slows the visualization quite a bit.

Recently appeared a Linux X-server extension for Matrox graphics cards which
allows to run programs compiled for example for Silicon, from a Linux machine,
but using the OpenGL lib of the Silicon machine.
I tried it with the Silicon version of GeomView from my Linux machine, but I
get the following message:

No OpenGL RGB visual available.

I guess the problem comes from the X-server extension which doesn t deal with
all the OpenGL capabilities and I don t really know how to correct that, but I
would like to know if it is possible to specify GeomView to run somehow in B&W ?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Eric Bardinet

# Eric Bardinet <bard at decsai.ugr.es>                  #
# Marie-Curie Research Fellow                         #
# Digital Image Analysis Group                        #
# Departamento de Ciencias de la Computacion e I.A.   #
# E.T.S. Ingenieria Informatica                       #
# Universidad de GRANADA                              #
# SPAIN                                               #