Re: [Update REQ 6975]: Geomview question

Ertugrul,

    Hi.  I've been watching the conversation between you and
Tamara but have been busy with a project today and didn't
have time to respond yet.

    I'm the closest thing to the author of JGV as there is. It was
originally written by a student at the Geometry Center, and I took the
code and fixed it up a bit and gave it its current user interface.  I
might be able to offer some assistance in getting it to work for you,
but as you mention, it's pretty flakey and/or simplistic and may not
be what you want in the end anyway.

    There is a group in Berlin that has developed a pretty good
Java-based 3D viewer; take a look at
	   http://www-sfb288.math.tu-berlin.de/vgp
and see if it looks like something you can use.  I've never used
it myself.  If you do use it I'd be interested in seeing the
results and hearing how it goes.

    Also, if you do end up going with cyberview, let me know.
I might be able to help with that too.

--Mark

Mark Phillips @ Geometry Technologies, Inc.
550 Gilbert Building, 413 Wacouta St., St. Paul, MN 55101
Phone: 651-223-2884  Fax: 651-292-0014
mbp at geomtech.com       http://www.geomtech.com