Forms

Greetings!!

My Iris is back on line, and I am learning the Forms package and have an
immediate question.

In reading the documentation for Forms, I realized that my program will
have to do something similar to what your graffiti program does, namely
it will have to wait for two different types of events: Forms events,
and standard input piped from geomview.

So I looked up your source code for graffiti, and I can see that you had
to do some rather tricky things in the subroutine gui_mail_loop() in the
file gui.c. I have a general understanding of what is happening in this
loop: first it checks to see if anything is pending in stdin, if so that
is handled via the Lisp library as pick information from geomview; then
it calls fl_check_forms() to handle any possible events pending in the
Forms queue; then the loop is continued.

However, the specifics elude me. The man page for the select()
subroutine is gobbledygook to me. That would be OK because I could just
copy the code, but what is worse, I can find no information whatsoever
for the call to async_fnextc(). In particular, I do not know where to
obtain a library routine, or source code, or macro code for
async_fnextc().

Any suggestions??
Many thanks for everyone's continued help and support.
Sincerely, Lee