No Subject

In-Reply-To software@geom.umn.edu.it's message of Mon, 14 Sep 1992 10:25:26 -0500

Here you can see an example of "strange" triangularization. We attempted to
invert the two grid parameters, thinking to an our misunderstanding:
the problem is another.

This is an ad hoc example, but our practical problems are in
a mesh of 108x145 points; we patched the grid with another piece
of "neutral" values, generating so a 145x145 mesh that is correctly
visualized by geomview.

--Luigi Niolu

# this is the zmesh for the function sin(x)*sin(y)
# xvaries between 0 and 5
# yvaries between 0 and 5
# the grid is 10x10

ZMESH
10 10
 0.2397128
 0.6604483
 0.9194830
 0.9533962
 0.7538848
 0.3697961
 -.1048316
 -.5537929
 -.8671663
 -.9682272
 0.1810227
 0.4987475
 0.6943614
 0.7199715
 0.5693075
 0.2792571
 -.7916518E-01
 -.4182051
 -.6548538
 -.7311714
 0.7801200E-01
 0.2149360
 0.2992361
 0.3102728
 0.2453439
 0.1203462
 -.3411635E-01
 -.1802261
 -.2822102
 -.3150994
 -.4409878E-01
 -.1214994
 -.1691528
 -.1753916
 -.1386885
 -.6802957E-01
 0.1928535E-01
 0.1018786
 0.1595283
 0.1781200
 -.1554126
 -.4281875
 -.5961272
 -.6181141
 -.4887651
 -.2397494
 0.6796533E-01
 0.3590398
 0.5622087
 0.6277294
 -.2286761
 -.6300403
 -.8771487
 -.9095006
 -.7191749
 -.3527702
 0.1000050
 0.5282955
 0.8272408
 0.9236487
 -.2459516
 -.6776373
 -.9434137
 -.9782096
 -.7735056
 -.3794205
 0.1075600
 0.5682061
 0.8897355
 0.9934266
 -.2030097
 -.5593251
 -.7786983
 -.8074189
 -.6384553
 -.3131755
 0.8878053E-01
 0.4690000
 0.7343919
 0.8199791
 -.1103638
 -.3040705
 -.4233302
 -.4389438
 -.3470887
 -.1702542
 0.4826450E-01
 0.2549664
 0.3992436
 0.4457720
 0.9302922E-02
 0.2563109E-01
 0.3568386E-01
 0.3699999E-01
 0.2925723E-01
 0.1435127E-01
 -.4068370E-02
 -.2149194E-01
 -.3365353E-01
 -.3757556E-01
# this is the zmesh for the function sin(x)*sin(y)
# xvaries between 0 and 5
# yvaries between 0 and 7
# the grid is 10x15

ZMESH