geomview error

  • To: rmorris at uxb.liv.ac.uk
  • Subject: geomview error
  • From: mbp
  • Date: Mon, 21 Sep 92 11:42:23 CDT

Rich,
    I just double-checked our binary distribution and it works fine
here.  What version of the IRIS operating system does the IRIS you are
using run?  Geomview was compiled under 3.3 and probably won't run on
older versions.  It does run fine under 4.x, however.
    If OS incompatibility isn't the problem, perhaps the tar file was
corrupted during the transfer.  Did you remember to use binary mode
when you ftp'ed it? (To do that just type "binary" to the "ftp>"
prompt before retrieving the file.)
    If none of these things is the problem, you could repack your
geomview directory into a compressed tar file and ftp-ing it back to
us (you can put it in the "pub/incoming" directory) so that we can
take a look at the setup and try to see what the problem is.

--Mark