Minneview for large patches and on RS-6000

It looks as though MinneView for the RS-6000 has been lost in the mist --
there was a partly-functional version at one time, but we didn't have a copy,
and the people who did haven't been able to find it.  A sufficiently interested
person could re-do the port; basically MinneView was functional once it
compiled.  If you are enthusiastic about trying this, we can send you
the source on condition you don't bug us about it.

We hear that someone is building a version of the FORMS library for the
RS-6000.  That's the main obstacle to porting geomview now (or rather
for someone else to port it, as we have no RS-6000's here).

I've made a version of MinneView which accepts Bezier patches up to
degree 16.  You can find it up for anonymous FTP from geom.umn.edu as
pub/MinneView-0.3.tar.Z.  To allow specifying patches with degree > 9,
a new Bezier header format is allowed:

	BEZ <u-degree> <v-degree> <dimension>

e.g. a non-rational bicubic patch could have a header of
	BEZ333		(old format)
or equivalently
	BEZ 3 3 3	(new format)

This format is documented only in this mail message.  It's accepted
at present only by the new MinneView, not by geomview.
Basically you're on your own.

    Stuart