[xinwei at otter.Stanford.EDU: Re: geomview for NeXT]

  • To: software
  • Subject: [xinwei at otter.Stanford.EDU: Re: geomview for NeXT]
  • From: munzner
  • Date: Fri, 2 Oct 92 13:54:49 -0500

Hello Tamara,

	Thanks for replying.  Remind me...were you in the math
department here at Stanford?
	I already slurped the geomview1.2 sources, but unfortunately
we have no SGI's around here.   I'm preparing some special evolution
code to try out on a NeXT, soon to be upgraded to a NeXTDimension.
In order to get some support for my project, it would be great
(decisive?) if I could start working now with geomview to show others
here what it can do.  Is there anything an external
alphatester-geometer-programmer can do to help accelerate the port?
	Two immediate q's:
	Is there now a MathLink hook to geomview?  If not, perhaps I
could write such a thing?
	Will there be Objective C wraps around OOGL classes so that
we can directly subclass etc inside NeXTStep?

Xin Wei