geomview-bin.tar.Z

> about packing up modules:
>
> 1. they should edit the $GEOMROOT/data/.geomview file automatically to
> place themselves on the browser list. The unsuspecting installer
> should not have to understand the .geomview setup.

This would be the ideal situation but seems difficult since in general
we can't assume anything about the structure of the .geomview file.
Due to a bug that I don't think has yet been fixed, geomview in fact
only reads the first complete lisp expression from .geomview (which
usually is a progn encapsulating many commands) so we can't just
append to the end of it.

Perhaps a reasonable intermediate solution is to mention in a very
prominent place near the top of the module's README that you have to
edit your .geomview file in order to use the module (and specifically
give the line to insert).

--Mark