No Subject

  • To: smlee at ams.sunysb.edu
  • From: fowler
  • Date: Mon, 8 Feb 93 13:28:57 CST

The 2-gons would be the connections between the vertices.  Here is a
two-dimensional example of what I had in mind:

A1 = 0 0
A2 = 5 0
B1 = 1 1
B2 = 1 2
B3 = 1 3
C1 = 2 4
C2 = 2 5

A1 is connected to B1 and B2
A2 is connected to B3
B3 is connected to C1 and C2

Your data file would look like this:

# Standard header info
OFF
7 5 7

# List of vertices - z coordinate is set to 0

# A1
0 0 0

# A2
5 0 0

# B1
1 1 0

# B2
1 2 0

# B3
1 3 0

# C1
2 4 0

# C2
2 5 0

# List of polygons connecting vertices in the form
# <number of vertices> <index of vertex 1 in list of vertices>
# <index of 2> <index of 3> ....
2 0 2
2 0 3
2 1 4
2 4 5
2 4 6

Hope this helps.

-Celeste

Celeste Fowler			email:  fowler at geom.umn.edu
The Geometry Center		phone:  ((555) 555-5555
1300 South Second Street
Minneapolis, MN  55454