Re: GeomView

Hi Mark (are you enjoying the Minn winters?)

> I've been using GeomView on an SGI PI--I was wondering if there is a

> way to  show the *interior* intersection of two or more objects. Is

> this possible?

What do you mean by the interior intersection?  In general, geomview
does not do any computations --- just display.  In particular, it
can't compute intersections.  If what you want is something that is
already present in your data, however, and you just want a way of
making it more visually apparent, there may be a way to do that.

	I disagree--the data is there, I think it is a matter of hidden line (surface)
	removal. For example, suppose I had a plane (a square) and a cube.
	I can easily rotate and intersect these in geomview. However, what

	I see (for a given intersection) is the cube and the portion of the square
	outside the cube. What I would like to see is the portion of the square
	*inside* the cube (with either the cube invisible or as wireframe, which
	is possible.) (This intersection would either be a rectangle or hexagon
	depending on the angle of intersection.) Bill said this may already be

	possible, but wasn't sure how to do it. Is it possible?

	Thanks,
	Charlie