geomview source code and some comments

Dan,

    We'll let you know when the geomview source-code distribution is
ready.  We've been trying to get it out the door for several weeks.
    The need for a program-level interface has come up in many
contexts and we will almost certainly incorporate it into the next
generation of geomview, if and when we are able to work on it.  In the
meantime, once you get the source code you could pretty easily link
things in yourself without a formal interface.

--Mark