geomview source code and some comments

I would like to request the source code for the current version
of Geomview (1.3.2). In particular, some example code for
application-writing (similar to example.c in the older version).
Please make this available thru anonymnous ftp.

One thing I would like to see in Geomview is a program-level
interface to its functionality, that is, instead of sending
ascii streams or socket packets objects would be added/moved
thru procedure calls. This way, application code would be
*linked* with a geomview library of access functions.
Why? Obtaining peak rendering perfomance for
scenes containing multiple moving objects such as a robotic
simulation. With such an interface the lisp interpreting
phase would be bypassed (no need for syntax checking either).
Another slowing down factor of the current file/ascii-stream
interface is that objects are referred to by strings of text
which implies that every ref to an object must
go thru a search-database-of-strings phase. Again, with a code-level
interface option, references to objects could be direct pointers
to them eliminating the need for search.

Hope these comments are constructive.

Dan Reznik
UW-Madison
Robotics Lab