normalization; concatenating objects

> From msjolly at silver.ucs.indiana.edu Tue Aug  3 13:05:31 1993
> Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1993 13:05:26 -0500
> From: "michael s. jolly" <msjolly at silver.ucs.indiana.edu>
> To: slevy at geom
>

> Stuart,
>
> I noticed that if I 'add' a surface to another,
> then they seem to have their own independent scalings.
> Is there anyway to enforce a universal scaling?
> (These surfaces were in off format)
>
> Is it possible to concatenate two off files
> ina sensible way?
>
>                   Mike

Geomview has this (sometimes useful, sometimes irritating) normalization
feature -- each object is automatically scaled & normalized to fit into
a unit sphere, for ease of manipulation &c.  You can turn this off:
the N (capital-N) key toggles this, or see the "Normalization" browser on the
Obscure panel.  Disabling normalization leaves objects in their native
coordinate system.

You can group objects in several ways.  The simplest would be to make a LIST
object containing both of them:

     LIST
     { < file1.off }
     { < file2.off }

Or, you could combine them into a single OFF object by feeding the above file
to "anytooff".

   Stuart