help finding a file IF it exists

  • To: problem
  • Subject: help finding a file IF it exists
  • From: roseman
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 93 22:11:35 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Wed, 4 Aug 93 21:14:38 -0500
From: roseman
To: software
Subject: location of command line version of 4d viewer

last week daeron wrote a command line version of the 4dview module--a next version and
an iris version--I believe it was compiles as recently as last Thursday.

He said it was in my path, but I can't find it so far

I wrote down the name of the command but I can't find the paper.  Don't recall the exact
name and I cannot find it.  I tried without success:

apollonius 105% echo $path
. . /u/geom/bin /usr/local/bin /usr/bin/X11 /usr/ucb /bin /usr/bin /u/hosts
/u/roseman/Unix/bin /u/roseman/Apps /LocalApps /NextApps /u/gcg/ngrap/bin/next

apollonius 106% ls -lt . . /u/geom/bin /usr/local/bin /usr/bin/X11 /usr/ucb /bin /usr/bin
/u/hosts /u/roseman/Unix/bin /u/roseman/Apps /LocalApps /NextApps
/u/gcg/ngrap/bin/next | grep daeron

Could someone help me out on this?

Dennis