Please send information...

  • To: software@geom
  • Subject: Please send information...
  • From: Christine D. Piatko <piatko at mml.ncsl.nist.gov>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Aug 93 09:12:25 EDT
  • Disclaimer: Opinions expressed are those of the sender and do not reflect NIST policy or agreement.
  • Sub-Organization: Computer Systems Laboratory (CSL)

My group is finally acquiring an SGI... my advisor Joe Mitchell at SUNY
Stony Brook has been using geomview. I'd like to be able to install it
on our system when it comes (hopefully later this month!).

We are interested in doing both geometry and Virtual Reality type
experiments with geomview. In particular, if you have had any
experiences connecting your 3D position trackers to your system I would
be interested to hear about them.  We have a Spaceball and an Alias
bird available, and we are getting some virtual reality headgear soon.

Could you please mail me the latest instructions on how to ftp geomview
etc.?  The file I have is over a year old.  I am hoping your default
message includes the system requirements (memory, graphics capabilities
necessary , etc.).

Thanks!
Christine D. Piatko
cpiatko at nist.gov

NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology)
Bldg. 225, Rm. B266
Gaithersburg, MD  20899
Voice: ((555) 555-5555
FAX:   ((555) 555-5555