Geomview for NeXT question

Beth,
   I believe we have found the bug you reported which involved the
NeXT version of Geomview hanging when you try to open an object.  This
is definitely one of the strangest bugs I have ever seen: it turns out
to be related to what directory Geomview.app is in.  If there is a 'G'
(capital letter G) in the pathname of your Geomview.app directory
*before* the 'G' in "Geomview.app", then Geomview hangs when you try
to open an object.  So, for example, if you put Geomview.app in a
directory called "Geomview", so that its absolute pathname is
something like

	/home/yourlogin/Geomview/Geomview.app
                        ^

then the problem appears.  If, however, you rename the directory to
something like

	/home/yourlogin/geomview/Geomview.app
                        ^

then everything works fine.

Could you check the pathname of your Geomview.app and see if this is
the case?  If so, you can fix it for now by just renaming the
directory or putting Geomview.app in some other directory.

If this trick doesn't work for you, please let us know.

The problem will be fixed in the next release, which is due to
come out any day now.

--

Mark Phillips
Geometry Center