Problems installing Geomview

> I deleted the Z file already, but the tar file is 11,961,746 bytes.

This doesn't look right.  On our system it's 12,912,640 bytes.  I'm
wondering if something got messed up during the uncompressing stage on
your end.  Could it be that your disk filled up before the
decompression was finished?  The file Geomview/modules/sgi/transformer
is near the end of the tar file, so a blocksize error on that file
suggests that possibly the tar file has been truncated.

Try downloading the tar.Z file again and unpack it without creating
the uncompressed tar file, using the command

    % uncompress < geomview-sgi.tar.Z | tar xvopf -

Let me know if this works.

--Mark