Re: W3Kit and 2d drawing

  • To: "Jeff R. Kirk" <jkirk at keck.tamu.edu>
  • Subject: Re: W3Kit and 2d drawing
  • From: burchard
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 94 01:36:52 -0600

Hi Jeff,

I'm glad W3Kit is useful for you!  What sorts of biological graphics
are you folks interested in putting on the web?

> Do you have an example program to draw a simple 2d drawing
> using the W3Kit?

Yes, I just put together a 2D demo for you that goes through all the
motions necessary for a real 2D app, but doesn't actually do anything
complicated (it just draws a dot of adjustable size wherever the user
clicks).  I'm forwarding the source code for this example in the next
email.

> I'm a solid C programmer, intermed. C++ programmer and
> complete novice to objective-c.

Well, since this is a common question, I'm starting to put together a
little "crash course" in Objective-C for the W3Kit docs.  Rest
assured, it is a lot easier than learning C++.  Take a look at the
current rough draft
	http://www.geom.umn.edu/docs/W3Kit/ObjectiveC.html
and let me know if it helps.  This page also contains a link to the
on-line Objective-C FAQ.

> P.S. is this the proper group for W3Kit questions?

Actually, for W3Kit-specific questions, it's better to write directly
to me.