geomview

(1) In the message I am sending following this one is a 2-page report on the
summer project on which I am currently working with Robert Benedetto.
Perhaps a good place for this report would be Imagine That! (after it
is suitably rewritten, supplied with pictures). I have a number of eps
files which would fit into this report but I would like to

(2) I have a beautiful picture of an affine cubic surface (using Benedetto's
program) and the 24 lines on it. I'd like to show it to you. I can put
the QUAD and VECT files in my ftp directory, or mail them to you, or ftp
them to my geom.umn account. What would be easiest? They currently reside
on sofya.umd.edu in the files

	~wmg/torus/t3b.quad
	~wmg/torus/twentyfour.vect

which I view with the command:

	geomview t3b.quad twentyfour.vect

I'd like to get a good hardcopy picture of this, perhaps to include
in the report.

(3) Do you have a "Geomview Cheat-Sheet" which lists all
the keyboard equivalents? I like to have the camera window fill up my screen
and having a list of the keyboard equivalents would be quite handy.

(4) Finally, what is the minimum configuration for a SGI machine (e.g.
an Indy -- something cheap) to run Geomview effectively? My fully
loaded NeXTdimension is considerably slower than the Iris. On my
Personal Iris (an old 4D35TGX with only 16 Mb), Geomview runs
beautifully.

		Best regards,

		Bill