Re: out of memory?

  • To: munzner
  • Subject: Re: out of memory?
  • From: burchard
  • Date: Sat, 16 Apr 94 16:12:14 -0500

> In general, you could consider making more
> sophisticated geomview/OOGL files which use filename
> or handle references for elements like cylinders/sticks,
> spheres/balls, or whatever else you need.

Yes, this sounds like a much better plan.  I can also use Beziers to
construct a better prototype cylinder.

> can't tell you what's up with the memory problems. 2MB
> certainly doesn't sound unreasonable...

Stuart figured out that this was caused by a glitch in memory
management that caused several orders of magnitude too much memory to
be reserved for this particular sort of OOGL data.

**IMPORTANT NOTE**  It turns out that this specific file
"molecule.oogl" was sensitive data, so if you could kindly destroy
your copies I would appreciate it!

Thanks for the help...I will write up a report of my visit soon.

PB