[cultur at nlp.physik.th-darmstadt.de: Please Register]

  • To: software
  • Subject: [cultur at nlp.physik.th-darmstadt.de: Please Register]
  • From: mbp
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 94 10:48:46 -0500

I'm forwarding this to software since it is somewhat interesting,
and also for the question about the Stereo module at the end.
--Mark

From: cultur at nlp.physik.th-darmstadt.de (Hartmut Chodura)
Subject: Please Register
To: register at geom
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 94 16:06:01 MET DST

Hallo I'm Hartmut chodura from Darmstadt Germany.

I like to get registrated for this fine Geomview programm.

But first a few lines about my work.
I am a student in physics and at the moment I'm working on my
Diplom graduation at
Technische Hochschule Darmstadt (30 km south to Frankfurt)

My job is to visualize 3D Data which comes from scanned holographic
plates. These plates contain 3D pictures of cavitation bubble fields.
Cavitation is the phenomen of gas bubbles in fluids and are produced
for instance by an ultrasonic fields in water.
We got series of these pictures and I'm searching the correlation
in time in these fields. (velocity vectors i.e.)
For the visualization I am using GeomView because of an easy
to use Interface and easy handling with external modules.
My machine is an SGI-Indy and the speed of your programm is fast
enough to show up to 500 shaded bubbles ( which are bounced by an cube ).

While working I wanted to use the Stereo Module for better 3D feeling.
In our office there are only red/green glasses. And the green eye shows
both pictures.
A question is : Is it possible to change the stereo Colours for this
mode from red/cyan to red/green.
I tried to find a hint in the code but I am not familiar with GL
Programming (that's why I use GeomView !)

  Thanks in advance

     Hartmut

--
**  FhG : chodura at igd.fhg.de                 Tel. ++49 6151 155202           **