The need for mgps

I have been discussing with the folks in Warwick the possibility of
running a European mirror of our WWW application gallery.  However,
we are getting stuck on the point that there does not currently seem
to be any way for Geomview to create an image file without the
intervention of some sort of display server.  I've attached below the
explanation of why this is a problem for them.

This lends support to Stuart's suggestion that we should write a
direct PostScript driver based on Daeron's mgx11.  (After the site
visit, of course.)