Re: Bug with normals in Geomview?

Hmm, not sure what's best to do about this.  Geomview does need to
compute normal vectors when it draws an object, and the computed normals
are written out when you save it.  The normals usually have reasonable
values, though guess in some circumstances the normal computation can
yield NaN's (though now that I try to produce a failing case, I can't:
the code for OFF, QUAD, and MESH objects looks bullet-proof as long as all
vertices are finite).

Some possible ways to work around this:
  - Supply vertex normal vectors along with the OFF files you create
    (i.e. write CNOFF files rather than COFF files).  If you supply them,
    geomview won't recompute them.  Or, ...

  - If you have trouble with a file, run it through a "sed" script like
      sed -e s/NaN/0/  test.oogl > newtest.oogl
    The normal vectors are still meaningless, but at least the file is
    readable.

If you find a case that does produce NaN's for normals, please send it along.