transforming geometry

  • Subject: transforming geometry

You could move geometry around in several ways.

If you know just where the origin should go, then you could wrap each
file with a transformation matrix:

	INST transform
		1   0   0   0
		0   1   0   0
		0   0   1   0
		100 100 0   1
	     geom
		{
		   # Your OFF file here
		    OFF
		}

	This matrix obviously translates (-100, -100, 0) to the origin.

	An alternative might be

		.01  0  0  0
		0   .01 0  0
		0    0 .01 0
		1    1  0  1

	which shrinks by a factor of 100, then applies the same translation.

If you want to actually translate the coordinates, you could
run the "anytooff" program on the file.

Another way:  You could specify the transformation interactively using
the "Transformer" module.  Load the model into geomview, select it,
and try the "Translate" and "Scale" features of transformer.
When you like the result, use geomview's Save panel, and tell it to
save "Geometry [in world]".