Re: GEOMVIEW package

>   I obtained a copy of GEOMVIEW a few days ago across the network but
> realised that I cannot run it on our systems here in Sheffield . Ie : on
> Unix workstations running Openwindows Or on PC's . The reason being that
> I dont have this 'NextStep' environment . It was stated in May 94 that
> an Openwindows version will beome available within a few months - could
> you give a closer approximation to this release date ??
>
>  We are developing our own FE code  for research purposes in Fracture
> mechanics and would find such a package v. useful.
>
> I would be v. Grateful for any up to the minute info on GEOMVIEW.
>
>   With thanks
>
>         George Cardew  ( Programmer )

There is an existing version, in beta release, for Suns under X;
it should work under Open Windows.  Since it uses Motif, you won't be
able to compile the source unless you've bought Motif libraries,
but you should be able to run the binaries.  You can find them in
   pub/software/geomview/geomview-sun.x11.tar.Z
and the source in
   pub/software/geomview/geomview-src.x11.tar.Z
up for anonymous FTP from geom.umn.edu.