file format for 3D polyhedral regions

> Is there any file format in Geomview that allows for generic
> stratified objects with symbolic links between objects of various
> dimensions?

I think not.  Three possible solutions come to mind:

1. The UCD format used by AVS.  I don't know much about this other
   than that it is very general and might allow the sort of thing
   you're talking about.  Geomview can't read UCD files directly, but
   we do have UCD-to-OOGL and OOGL-to-UCD converter programs.

2. You could invent your own format and write a converter to translate
   it into one of the OOGL formats

3. You could define a new OOGL class for the format you have in mind,
   which would allow Geomview to read that format.  This would involve
   adding some source code to the OOGL libraries (which are part of
   the Geomview distribution), and unfortunately we have no
   documentation describing how to do it.  If you're interested, however,
   please let us know, and we will try to give  you the necessary
   information.

Mark Phillips