Re: Transformation of World Coordinates

  • To: franklin at ug.cs.dal.ca
  • Subject: Re: Transformation of World Coordinates
  • From: Celeste Fowler <cfowler at phoenix.Princeton.EDU>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 1994 20:52:35 -0400

Been a while since I worked on this.  I guess someone on
software@geom.umn.edu gave you my name?  I stopped working at the
Center a while ago but I'll see what I can think up.  Ummmmm.....
there's this program I wrote called tack down.  It sort of permanently
transforms the objects by going in and actually multipying the points
by the matrix.  that might help.....  unfortunately i don't have an
iris here.  sorry I really can't help you beyond that.  If you have a
source release and are into C hacking look for the "pointlist" library
-- it allows you to get all the points in an object as an array of
points, do something to them, and put them back in the object.  good
luck!
-Celeste
pS i'll be out of email touch for about threee weeks starting Friday.