texi2html, and geomview manual on the web

  • To: lib, software, webmaster
  • Subject: texi2html, and geomview manual on the web
  • From: burchard
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 94 15:45:41 -0500

I downloaded the "texi2html" TeXinfo-to-HMTL conversion script
(implemented in Perl) and installed it in /u/src/tex/texi2html/.
This directory also contains a manual page for the script.

Using this script, I converted the Geomview manual to HTML and put it
onto our WWW server (see the viz software page).  The output is quite
nice, just a few glitches: (1) it doesn't understand the @tex escape
in the very first sentence; (2) it doesn't understand @panel,
@widget, and other such newly defined macros.

I've redirected all WWW links to "ooglman.html" to point to
"geomview_6.html", which is a much nicer version of the same thing.
(In fact, the old version was badly flawed, containing tons of "<"
characters, causing much of the manual to be deleted in many
browsers.)

PB