[Update REQ 5013]: GeomView query

Jim,
    Geomview uses a tree of coordinate sytems which looks like the following:

	    Universe

	  World (= g0)
              /|\
             / | \
            /  |  \
	  g1  g2  g3   ...  (arbitrary number of "geoms" in the World)

The Universe system is the root system.  If the target object is the
World (this is the default), then mouse motions affect the position of
the World system wrt the Universe system.  If the target object is one
of the geoms, then mouse motions affect the position of that geom wrt
the World system.

It sounds like your problem has to do with manipulating the wrong
coordinate system, but without more information I can't be sure what
is happening.  I gather from your description that you are using the
Geomview command language to control your object's flight path.  I'd
suggest double-checking which coordinate systems you are modifying.
If you're still confused (which is understandable --- the manual
glosses over these points), send us some more details about which
commands you're using and we'll try to help further.

Note: it's actually possible for each geom to consist of an entire
tree of objects by using the INST and LIST formats, but Geomview
doesn't let you modify the transformations in that tree via the mouse.
There is a way to modify them with the command language, however;
if this is what you're doing (using the "define" command), let us know.

--Mark