Re: [Closed REQ 5041]: libforms.a

  • To: software@geom
  • Subject: Re: [Closed REQ 5041]: libforms.a
  • From: "Stuart Levy" <slevy>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 94 12:19:14 -0500

> I got the "forms" software from your site and created libforms.a.
> With that newly compiled version of the library I was able to link geomview.
>  However, when I try to save a file or input a file, the directory viewer /
> file selector is absolutely frozen.  Moving the cursor out of and into
> the window does not help.

Now that's strange.  I just compiled the FORMS library (from
forms-2.0+.all.tar.Z in our FTP directory) and the geomview 1.4.3 source
distribution on an Irix 5.2 system.  It worked fine -- graphics, the
file browser, and the panels all seemed to behave normally.

One thing that does confuse FORMS: is to use distributed GL.  That is,
geomview should be executing on the same machine you're sitting at.
When geomview is running on one machine and displaying on another,
FORMS seems to lose events; the panels still seem to function, but
mouse motions and keypresses are ignored in the graphics windows.
Could that be the problem?

If you'd like to try the Irix 5.2 geomview executable built here,
it's up for anonymous FTP in priv/slevy/gvx.irix52.Z, and the FORMS library
is in priv/slevy/libforms.a.irix52.Z.  (Both are simply compressed files,
not compressed tar packages.)