Re: [Update REQ 5041]: libforms.a

  • To: software@geom
  • Subject: Re: [Update REQ 5041]: libforms.a
  • From: "Stuart Levy" <slevy>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 94 12:21:46 -0500

> So why is the final result the "X Geomview" version?

Maybe you did as I suggested a couple weeks ago and merged the GL and X
geomview versions, to get a version of geomview which uses GL graphics
and X/Motif interface?   (In that case, geomview would not use FORMS at all,
though most of the geomview modules will still use it.)
The main panel would still say "X Geomview" in this case.
A test: load something like "sphere.mesh" and use the Appearance panel to
make it smooth-shaded.  If it actually looks smooth, not faceted,
then it's using GL graphics.

> Is there some variable that determines what is compiled, that is, for X
> versus GL?

Yes -- in the file src/lib/geomview/x11/O.sgi/Makefile, the setting of
MORECOPTS will either include -DMGGL (for GL graphics) or -DMGX11
(for vanilla X graphics).

If you compile in the directory src/lib/geomview/gl, it will always
produce a version of geomview which uses GL graphics and FORMS interface.

   Stuart