[ REQ 5083]: postscript manual file

Hello,

	I have recently had the delight of discovering your Geoview
package on the network.  I have downloaded it onto my Iris workstation
and have successfully installed it.  The only trouble I am having is in
trying to obtain a hard copy of the manual.  The geomview.ps file which
came with the original distribution gave me errors when I attempted to
either print it or display it on a previewer.

	I then used the anonymous ftp to download the manuals from
'manual.tar.Z'.  After uncompressing this I obtained a new version of the
geomview.ps file, but this also would not print.

	Visual examination of the file indicates that it is not grossly
distrupted.  It appears to be a normal ASCII postscript file.  The error
seems to be in one of the 'rmoveto' commands.  I am not an expert in the
postscript language so I have not been able to decipher any more.

	Just to make sure I had not made a mistake, I went through the
whole process of downloading the files again.  Still I got the same
message.

	Am I doing something wrong?  Every thing else besides the
postscript file seems to have downloaded correctly.  I have been able to
start the program and view some of the examples.  Is it possible that the
file on umn's server has become disrupted?  Is there another source
from where
I could obtain the files?  All I need is the printer ready .ps file.

Aside from this small problem, the rest of the installation went
smoothly.  I am quite impressed by the package.  I had thought about
doing some of this type of work myself for a project I am working on, but
Geomview is much more sophisticated than anything I could have come up
with.  I am glad I found it before I had put in much work developing my
own code.

Keep up the good work.

David Churchill, Ph.D.
Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation
University of Vermont
Burlington, VT 05405