Re: [Closed REQ 5083]: postscript manual file

  • To: software@geom
  • Subject: Re: [Closed REQ 5083]: postscript manual file
  • From: "Mark Phillips" <mbp>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Oct 94 13:22:39 -0500

David,
   Thanks for your note about Geomview.  I suspect that the problem
with the postscript file has to do with differences between our
computer system (where the file was generated) and yours (where you're
trying to print it).  It prints fine here, but occasionally we hear
about someone not being able to print one of our postscript files
elsewhere.
   If you could send us the a copy of any error messages that your
printer or postscript previewer generates, we would be grateful; it
might help us fix the problem.
   In the meantime, I've arranged for a hardcopy of the manual to
be mailed to you.  You should get it sometime next week.
   Also, there is an ASCII version of the manual that comes with the
manual.tar.Z file that you downloaded.  It's actually formatted for
use the the GNU info system, but you can read it with any editor if
you don't use GNU emacs or info.

Mark Phillips
Geometry Center