[ REQ 5108]: bug in alpha version of 1.5 prelease?

Hi there, I'm beta testing geomview prelease 1.5
on a dec alpha.  I was previously running 1.4.1 (for
which precompiled alpha binaries were available) and
it worked fine. Getting core dumps now, could be a bug.

----------------------------
HERE'S WHAT HAPPENS with 1.5
----------------------------
I run geomview and a blank camera window
flashes up briefly and then I get a core dump.
gdb "where" says: #0  XShmCreateImage () at XShm.c:327

something to do with the new use of X shared memory
extension?

-------------------------
SOME INFO ABOUT OUR SETUP
-------------------------
dec alpha 3000/600 with 64 M of memory, OSF 1.3

I am using gnu make, but otherwise our compilation is pretty
standard (using plain old cc). I also tried the suggestion of
setting MKFILEDIR = . and using the standard alpha make,
but this gave: "Warning: CPU changed after being used"
even though CPU = alpha is defined in the usual place.

Can mail you my mk.site.default and Makedefs.global
but I just did the standard things. Can also mail
you make.log, the >& output of make install, which went
pretty smoothly (though there are a couple warnings that
may or may not help you).

-Greg