[ REQ 5191]: 2+ cameras and producing a postscript file

Hi,

I would like to report the following problems with GEOMVIEW.

1)After opening a second camera on an object, the operaions
to rotate, translate, fly or orbit all translated the object.
Scaling didn't do anything but zoom worked normally.

Deleting the second window still left the problem in the original
window.

I am using the binary version on a SUN Sparc station.

2)Also I produced an object that is a LIST of polyhedra (type OFF).
There are about 2,000 of these polyhedra.
The combination of all the polyhedra produces the larger 3d object that
I am interested in.

After getting the object on the screen and rotating it,
I want to produce a postscript file of it.
But the PS Snapshot module produced the following error.

ss1 $ Error reading "_p1eae70": can't seek back far enough (on pipe?):
-----^
> 8 6 12
>
> 9 8 15  -0.57735 0.57735 -0.57735
Couldn't read LIST in "_p1eae70": error reading embedded object:
-----^
> 8 6 12
>
> 9 8 15  -0.57735 0.57735 -0.57735
Couldn't read INST in "_p1eae70": expected geometry:
-----^

-----^

-----^

-----^

-----^
> 8 6 12
>
> 9 8 15  -0.57735 0.57735 -0.57735

 ss1 $ write failed
write failed

Presumably, I have stretched the program to its limit and
it doesnt like it.
Is there anything that you can recommend that I should try?
e.g. is there a better way of decribing a large number of
polyhedrons than as a LIST of objects of type OFF?

I then tried rotating the object around and repeating the
procedure and this time it worked but was VERY slow in producing
the postscript file (using PS Snapshot).
(The .OFF file is 662518 bytes in size)

Regards,

John.

--
John Gavin,                 URL (WWW Mosaic): http://www.bath.ac.uk/~mapjbg/
School of Mathematics,      E-mail:           J.B.Gavin at uk.ac.bath.maths
University of Bath,         Voice:            +44(225)826364
Bath, BA2 7AY, U.K.         Fax:              +44(225)826492