Re: [Update REQ 5188]: gview 4dview

  • To: software@geom
  • Subject: Re: [Update REQ 5188]: gview 4dview
  • From: "Tim Rowley" <trowley>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 95 14:53:04 CST

> I downloaded the hp version of gview, does this have the same interface as
> the other versions?, I cannot seem to find the Modules 4dview etc? Can seem
> to find the panels portion either? is there somewhere I can find the
> information?

All the X versions have a Motif interface.  The SGI uses FORMS
and the NeXT version has a NeXTSTEP interface.  From your
question, it seems that you've used the SGI version in the past.
At the moment there are fewer modules avaliable in the X
versions.  The README in the distributions lists the avaliablity
of modules.  If you're interested in higher dimensional
visualation (as your question suggests), a set of N-dimensional
modules for X are being prepared and should be in the next
version of geomview.

The equivalent of the "Panels" list in the SGI version is the
"Inspect" menu.  I'm not sure what you mean by the last question.
A manual written for the SGI version exists in the "doc"
directory of the distribution.  Most of the manual is general to
all versions.  Reading this and just experimenting with the X
version should get you up to speed.

--
Tim Rowley  --  trowley at geom.umn.edu  --  "Do or do not, there is no try."