Re: [Update REQ 5213]: nd-stuff and tcl/tk

  • To: software@geom
  • Subject: Re: [Update REQ 5213]: nd-stuff and tcl/tk
  • From: "Tim Rowley" <trowley>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 95 15:56:41 CST

> I ran geom view in a CoExist shell window.  It started up--NDview
> module started OK. And I got working windows widgets etc.
> And the following error messages:
> ********
> dimension4> geomview &
> [1] 405
> dimension4> Can't find file NDview/scripts/4d.2bigwins
> Can't find file NDview/scripts/4d.2bigwins
> Can't find file NDview/scripts/4d.2bigwins
> Can't find file NDview/scripts/4dcol.w.rb
> Can't find file NDview/scripts/4dcol.w.rb
> Can't find file NDview/geom/4cube
> Can't find file NDview/geom/4cube

These error messages are produced by geomview when the NDview
module tells it to load certain files.  The geomview load path
should allow geomview to read these, but obviously something's
going wrong.

On the NeXT, geomview's load path (which you can display by
typing "(echo (load-path))" in a command panel, is
("$GEOMVIEW_DATA/geom" "$GEOMVIEW_DATA" ".").  Check what
$GEOMVIEW_DATA is for your installation by bringing up the
command panel and typing "(! echo $GEOMVIEW_DATA)".  This should
be the directory containing the NDview directory.  If it isn't,
you may have two copies of geomview installed and the ndutils
package is in the unused copy.

--
Tim Rowley  --  trowley at geom.umn.edu  --  "Do or do not, there is no try."