No Subject

Objects don't appear in the right places (why?)

When objects aren't appearing where you think they should, it's
probably because normalization is on by default.  Normalization
simply scales an object's bounding box to fit into a unit sphere,
with the center of the bounding box translated to the origin.
This is useful when examining a single object, as you can easily
view the whole object without having to worry about how big it
is.  However, it also means that if you're loading multiple
objects that are supposed to belong in the same coordinate
system, all the objects will be scaled and placed at the origin.
The process of turning off normalization varies with the
platform:

On the X11 version, bring up the Appearance Panel.  The
normalization controls are in the lower-right quadrant of the
panel.

On the SGI version, the normalization controls are on the
Obscure Panel.  Bring up this panel by selecting it in the Panels
list.

On the NeXT version, the normalization controls are on the
Geometry Inspector Panel.

Whatever your platform, when you turn off normalization your
objects will probably vanish.  This is because the unnormalized
objects do not lie in the camera's viewing cone.  The easiest way
to see everything is to choose the "World" object in the Object
Browser, then click on "Look At" in the Tools Panel.

> I have one more question.
> Can I use two object types in one file
> (eg, QUAD and VECT in a physical file)?

Yep. You can use the LIST object to concatenate several objects of varying
OOGL types within a single file. For example:

{ = LIST
  { = QUAD
    .
    .