Re: [Closed REQ 5360]: Geomview 1.5 for Solaris

  • To: software@geom
  • Subject: Re: [Closed REQ 5360]: Geomview 1.5 for Solaris
  • From: "Tim Rowley" <trowley>
  • Date: Mon, 1 May 95 8:00:03 CDT

> Will there is be a pre-compiled version of Geomview for Solaris?
>
> Also do you know anyone who has built geomview for Solaris????

Although we do not provide Solaris binaries, the SunOS version of
Geomview runs under Solaris.  It can be obtained from our ftp
site ftp.geom.umn.edu in the directory /pub/software/geomview.
The file you want is geomview-sun4.tar.Z.  You can also download
it from the URL http://www/software/download/geomview.html

We have successfully built geomview on Solaris machines without
problems.  If you want to try, follow the instructions in the
"INSTALL" file that comes with the source distribution.

--
Tim Rowley  --  trowley at geom.umn.edu  --  "Do or do not, there is no try."