Re: [Closed REQ 5405]: Tools and Solaris binaries...

  • To: software@geom
  • Subject: Re: [Closed REQ 5405]: Tools and Solaris binaries...
  • From: "Mark Phillips" <mbp>
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 95 17:01:55 -0500

> A few days ago I sent the following message to geomview-users. A friend of
> mine who is a member of the users list, still hasn't received the message.
>
> Has it arrived at geom, and moreover, has it been distributed?

Sorry for the delay in getting your message out.  As you probably
guessed, mail to geomview-users doesn't get broadcast directly to the
list --- it comes to a human here who looks it over before sending it
out.  That human happens to be on vacation at the moment.  I just
took your message and sent it out to the list a few minutes ago.

We moderate the list because a lot of people send things to
geomview-users that really should have been sent to our "software"
address -- technical questions about how they should set up their
Makefiles, etc --- and we don't want to bore people on the list with
things like that.  (Indeed before we started moderating the list, many
people requested to be taken off the list every time a message like
that went out.)

Traffic on the list has been so low lately (one message every few
weeks) that when the usual moderator left for vacation he didn't think
about setting up a substitute moderator.  I've done that now, so mail
that comes to geomview-users should get through much more quickly.

Thanks for your message.

Mark Phillips
Geometry Center