Re: [Closed REQ 5432]: Geomview <-> Linux

  • To: software@geom
  • Subject: Re: [Closed REQ 5432]: Geomview <-> Linux
  • From: "Tim Rowley" <trowley>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jun 95 11:05:29 CDT

> sorry, I do not notices that I sent you the binary of xdpyinfo ;-(
> Here is the file I wanted to send you and you want to diagnostic
> the not-running of GEOMVIEW on my notebook.

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you.  From the
information in the xdpyinfo output, it looks as though you're
running the 16 color (4bit deep) VGA X server.  Unfortunately,
X-Geomview only supports 1, 8, and 24 bit deep displays (along
with 16 bits in the next version).  I would suggest trying to run
the SVGA Xserver on your notebook.  It may run slower than the
VGA one, but Geomview will run.

--
Tim Rowley  --  trowley at geom.umn.edu  --  "Do or do not, there is no try."