Re: [Update REQ 5443]: question on geomview

  • To: software@geom
  • Subject: Re: [Update REQ 5443]: question on geomview
  • From: "Stuart Levy" <slevy>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jun 1995 20:03:53 -0500

OK, I just tried loading the following object, from file "t":

INST geom { < sphere.mesh }
transform {
  1 0 0 0
  0 1 0 0
  0 0 1 0
  2 0 0 1
}

into geomview, with "(normalization World none)".
Initially the sphere is near the edge of the field of view.
(If I'd used 10 rather than 2 in T[3][0], the sphere would
have been completely outside of the field of view
with the camera in its default position.)

Now I select "t" as target and center, and rotate.
The sphere rotates about the center of the
field of view (which is the origin of the world and
of "t"), not about the sphere's own center.
Is that different from what you see?